The strongest, most advanced silverado ever
Chevrolet have put over 100 years of truck building know-how into the Silverado 1500 to deliver a truck that owns the road. A truck that redefines towing and all-round capability. A truck that boasts advanced tech, safety and comfort on a big scale. All this paired with the powerful 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 makes for a truck that builds upon the legacy of some of the most capable full-size pickups on the road.
Design Rise and shine
With its bold proportions and broad-shouldered appeal, Silverado owns the road. Chrome takes centre stage, from the grille and bumpers to the mirror caps, door handles and beltline accents. The appeal continues with 20-inch Polished Alloy wheels. Outside, heated power-adjustable, power-folding mirrors bring everything into focus. The muscular stance, chiselled hood and striking horizontal elements let you know these trucks share the iconic Chevrolet truck bloodline.
Capability Class-leading power†, and then some
There’s a new kind of power in town. Silverado takes capability to a new level by combining the performance of an advanced 6.2L V8 with surprising efficiency and refinement. It also features enhanced torque delivery, start/stop technology and an advanced Autotrac system in the form of a 2-speed automatic, active transfer case. This system provides five modes: Auto 4WD, 4HI, 4LO, 2HI and Neutral, in addition to an automatic mode that seamlessly delivers power based on the road conditions and driving style.
Silverado’s advanced 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 delivers the power you’d expect, and then some, doing so with the highly efficient 10-speed auto transmission and smart Dynamic Fuel Management. From highway cruising to off-road adventure, you can count on Silverado being up for it. And yes, the V8 rumble is included.
Silverado features best-in-class V8 power and torque†
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 10-speed
MAXIMUM TRAILER WEIGHT Up to 4.5-tonnes†
DRIVE MODE SELECTOR
The road ahead isn’t always a smooth one, but with the available Drive Mode Selector, you’ll be able to adjust your truck’s performance with the simple turn of a dial. Available modes include:
Durabed The most functional bed of any pickup
Chevrolet took the hardest-working part of the truck and designed it to be lighter, larger and stronger. Durabed combines roll-formed high-strength steel with more standard cargo bed volume than any other truck. There are also 12 standard tie-downs and innovative features like an industry-first power-up/-down tailgate, helping Silverado offer the most functional bed of any pickup.†
Towing Stay confident while you tow
Silverado has the legendary power and torque to handle heavy loads - but towing isn’t about power alone. Silverado also offers advanced trailering technology that provides confidence for the long haul.
Silverado comes standard with the industry-first Advanced Trailer System. To ensure safe towing, the system includes pre-departure checklist, light sequencing, maintenance reminders, security alerts. The system can also provide prompt tow reminders, provide trailer electrical diagnostics and monitor tyre pressure†.
Silverado offers a number of features that help make a long day of towing easy, including the proven technology of Trailer Sway Control, Hill Start Assist and Auto Grade Braking. There are also segment firsts like Trailer Theft Alert, Electric Parking Brake Hookup Assist and Brake Gain Memory on the integrated trailer brake controller.
Let the outside in with Silverado’s Power Sunroof, or create your own climate with Dual-zone Climate Control, heated steering wheel and heated front and rear seats.†
New storage solutions
Two segment-first rear-seatback storage compartments, rear underseat storage and a spacious compartment in the available centre console offer the room you need to store your gear while you’re on the go.
Head up display
To help you keep your eyes on the road, Silverado comes standard with a multi-colour 15-inch diagonal Head-Up Display that can project information like your vehicle’s speed and active safety alerts onto your widescreen.
Technology Work your connections
From hands-free calling to wireless charging, Silverado offers the technology you need to stay connected from the worksite to the campsite.
- Apple CarPlay®† compatible
- Android Auto™† compatible
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system†
- Bose® 7-speaker Premium Audio
- 8-inch Colour Touch Screen Display
- Wireless charging†
- 8-inch Colour Drivers Information Display
Safety Safety is silverado's strength
When it comes to protection of you and your passengers, Silverado brings brains and brawn to the table with a high-strength steel safety cage and active safety features designed to help keep you and others out of harm’s way while you’re on the road.
Safety or driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver’s responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner. The driver should remain attentive to traffic, surroundings and road conditions at all times. Visibility, weather and road conditions may affect feature performance. Read the vehicle Owner's Manual for more important feature limitations and information.
FORWARD COLLISION ALERT
- Can alert you when it detects that a front-end collision is imminent with a vehicle that you are following
- Also can alert you if you are following a detected vehicle much too closely
AUTOMATIC EMERGENCY BRAKING
- When traveling at speeds less than 80kph, the system can alert you if it detects that a front-end collision situation is imminent with a vehicle ahead that you are following
- Can also help reduce the collision severity by automatically applying hard emergency braking if you have not already done so or by enhancing driver hard braking
- May even help avoid the collision at very low speeds
ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL — CAMERA
- Enhances regular cruise control by using camera technology to automatically adapt the vehicle speed to maintain the following gap time between your vehicle and any vehicles detected ahead while you steer, reducing your need to frequently brake and accelerate
FRONT PEDESTRIAN BRAKING
- At speeds below 80kph, the system can alert you when a collision is detected to be imminent with a pedestrian directly ahead
- Can also help reduce the collision severity or avoid the collision by automatically applying brakes if you have not already done so, or by enhancing driver braking
- Performance is limited at night.
LANE CHANGE ALERT WITH SIDE BLIND ZONE ALERT
- Can help you avoid lane change crashes by providing side mirror alerts when a moving vehicle is detected rapidly approaching a side blind zone or is in a side blind zone
REAR CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT
- When traveling in Reverse, this feature can alert you to detected left or right cross traffic that is behind you (such as when you are backing out of a crowded parking space or driveway with side obstructions)
- Displays warning triangles with left/right indicator arrows in the Rear Vision Camera screen
- System issues audible beeps or directional pulses if equipped with the Safety Alert Seat
FOLLOWING DISTANCE INDICATOR
- Can provide you with the following gap time to a moving vehicle that is detected ahead of you to help you know if you are following much too closely
LANE KEEP ASSIST WITH LANE DEPARTURE WARNING
- Can help you avoid crashes if you unintentionally drift out of your lane by providing gentle steering wheel turns when the system detects no indicator or steering activity.
- Can also provide Lane Departure Warning alerts when a lane market is crossed.
FRONT AND REAR PARK ASSIST
- When traveling at low speeds, this feature can provide distance alerts to nearby detected objects to help you park and avoid objects
SAFETY ALERT SEAT
- Provides you with the option of getting driver seat-bottom vibration pulses instead of beeps for crash avoidance alerts